Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cameras' passed by


Taking photos is one of my favourite hobbies. In fact, sometimes it's not simple a hobby but an obsession. I have thousands of photos, printed photos taken by several photo cameras.

I remember, when i was a child, in my family we had a simple photo camera a Kodak. It was very simple, just one click camera, cheap but too good for an amateur. All my family members had a passion with photos and as a result there photos for almost every moment of the family history. Especially photos from holidays, celebrites, birthdays, trips etc. After some years the Kodak camera was broken and ther was no any camera in the family. The next camera i remeber was Kodak again, a popular one those years end of '80s; Kodak 400. Small, reliable without many capabilities. Just one button.

My brother Iakovos, some years later in early '90s brought a new camera: a Yashika 35mm. I think that camera was the best one. Very good lenth and high quality of photos. Still we have this camera, and most of photos have been taken by this camera.The problem with this camera was, that user should be very carefull with the film placement. Once, i din't put the film correctly and as a result o lost importnant moments (a trip with my scholl in Corfu island). That period, we bought a very popular SLR camera, brought my father form a trip in Germany, the Canon EOS 800. Good photos and having that camera i thought was a photographer. It was the size, the little bag for keeping the camera safe made me believe was a good photographer. An illusion...

Some years later, Eleni bought a portable camera Olympus 35-105mm. Quite good, easy film loading (automatic), with good autofocus functions. We still have it but nowadays we don't use it. There is a new digital camera Canon Ixus 55. I follow the trends and bought this digital. I have been using it since Christam's and i'm satisfied. I take many pictures and this is one of the advantages of having digital camera. The problem is that i need a big hard disc in my PC to save all these photos. Wherever i go i have my new digital and taking photos.Some times i know become annoying and force friends and lovely persons to have a photo.But...its my hobby.

For me, taking a photo and seeing it after some years its very important. It's like going a trip back to past and making memories staying alive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice

2/21/2006 07:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog and most of all i adore your ideas and your personality.

2/22/2006 01:20:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home