Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Food and taste


I've been thinking talking about food and taste since a long time ago. Now, this moment i think it's the right timing. My stomach is empty and i'm hungry.

First of all, let's see the topic historically. Since ancient ages or even since people "came" on earth food was the most important to their lives. I'm not talking about the nutrition side of food but also about the "things" follow or come together with lunch/dinner.Sociability, friendship, family happiness, laugh, and other nice feelings.People use to eat together or asking for a company to eat with. Joying a good meal with a special person, company is very important in order to enjoy the food better.

Food and sociability. It's common nowadays, people to meet each other in a restaurant and talking. They prefer to go in a restaurant and talk, discuss or even for updating their image in a popular restaurant, knowing they've been seen by other people. That's the side of phychological exaltation!Altough tavernas, always was a place for meeting lovely persons, nowadays this is a fashion and as we all know, when something is get mass and crowded lost its mission and beauty.

I can hear my stomach, makes some strange noices which can be heard by anybody in my office. I have to find a substitute, i will talk about favourite foods.
My top 3 is: 1) Chicken soup, 2) Boiled beef meat soup, with potatoes, carots and celery, eaten hot and 3) Pastitsio (see old topic). That's my lovely food dishes and i enjoy them alot every time, eleni cook them. Has i told how good cook eleni is?
Now talking about these, i feel my stomach better, much better. Chicken soup and boiled meat are similar but the taste differs. Of course for making a good chicken soup we need a chicken from village, if not the soup is not so tasty. I get wondered what might happen when the bird flu impact our daily life. About Meat soup, beef is prefered.

I don't think i can write more. The trick, talking about foods didn't work. I'm still hungry. In a hour i'll be home and know eleni has cooked something good, probaly meat in tomato sause with rice. I enjoy this moment!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home